Wednesday 11 September 2013

Autumn

Hello everyone. The last week has been a busy one for me.
I have been cleaning out the scrap room and also doing some
scrapping of a night. I have a couple of posts to put up over the 
next couple of hours. Between taking my son Riley to swim training.

This is my first one and I have used card stock and Kaiser doily's.
Everything else is from my scraps box. Bits and pieces off left overs.
I have done this one for the challenge at Scrapping Everyday Miracles.

I had so much fun with my boys the day this photo was taken. We 
went to the botanical gardens and the boys rolled in the leaves and
were throwing them at each other as well as me. The laughter and 
and happiness was so contagious. Everyone who went passed either
smiled or made comment.

  
When taking the photos I had already decided that I wanted to
use some of the leaves on my layout. I collected a few and took 
them home with me. I then had too decide how I was going to use 
them on a layout and stop them from crumbling. 


The leaves I have added to this LO were from that day. About a
week after I had decided. I would laminate them. They would then
hold the color they were when I picked them up. Also they would
stay intact. I did them and put them away. I found them while cleaning
the scrap room and this is what I have come up with.


As you can see by the close up I have cut around the edge
of the leaves, just out a little. I didn't want to brake the air 
tight seal. There is no chance for any deterioration of the 
leaf then.


The challenge at Scrapping Everyday Miracles was to create a LO
about your favorite season. I never know which is my favorite, there 
is something I love about each one. I chose this though because I was
lucky and found the leaves and it was a special day of love for both the 
boys and I. The twist too this challenge was I had too add 3 or more 
leaves. I knew when I read this I had the right thing for the challenge.

I have done some journaling on the back of the layout. Just a little short
story for my boys later, about how the day made me feel and a reminder
to them of how much fun it was.

 

7 comments:

  1. Love Love Love this layout Brenda, especially the way he is popping out of the leaves, just brilliant!~

    ReplyDelete
  2. BEAUTIFUL!!!!! Thanks so much for participating in our RED CARPET STUDIO challenge!! Hope to see you again for our next challenge!!
    ~DEANNE~
    A Little Bit O' Paper

    ReplyDelete
  3. Wow, Brenda!! This page is just gorgeous and I love how you incorporated both the fall theme and the leaf twist. I just love how you used the leaves from that day. This LO really give the picture of your son throwing the leaves in the air that day!! Thanks for joining the Scrapping Everyday Miracles September “To Everything there Is a Season” Challenge ~ Blessings, Tracey

    Garden of Grace

    ReplyDelete
  4. gorgeous page! love all the autumnal foliage! just love it! thank for joining us over at SEM!

    ReplyDelete
  5. WOW! Really love your layout. Especially your leaves! Never though of using those kind of leaves on a layout. Very creative. Thanks for sharing it with us at Scrapping Everyday Miracles, Brenda.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Absolutely beautiful fall layout Brenda. Love the real leaves you used. You did an amazing job on our SEM challenge - thanks so much for linking up with us!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Great layout and what a fantastic idea to preserve the leaves!! Thanks for joining us at SEM!

    ReplyDelete