Wednesday 22 January 2014

Live Like A Cowboy

Welcome again my crafty friends. I have been very busy
at the craft desk these holidays. I have enjoyed the late 
nights getting some work done and my days with the boys.
I have also been lucky to have had a week away with them.

Tomorrow I head off to Albury/Wodonga with my eldest son
Riley for three days. He has been lucky (with hard work) to have 
qualified for the Victorian Country Long Course Championships.

I thought that I had better get this LO of my youngest son Harley 
posted and placed in the challenge at 123 Challenge Blog before I
left. It is a three part challenge and I had so much fun doing it. 


This is my take of the 123 Challenge and the tree requirements.


This pic of Harley was taken at our farm a couple of years ago.
He was sitting on a log in the morning sun. He wasn't doing 
anything and nor did he appear to be looking at anything in 
particular either. I went and got the camera and clicked away 
and he didn't even notice. When I questioned him he had been 
deep in thought. It was so cute. 


The card stock and patterned papers I used on this LO are from my 
scrap bag. Yes I'm still working an last year resolution. I have used
some craft feathers and on some of the papers I have inked the edge
with Tim Holtz Distress ink - Black Soot. The title letters are Tickers-
Nut Meg and Lark.


The boot has been painted with a mix of colors and I used
my American crafters marker pen to do the heal and sole.
The spur on the boot I used silver glitz. The boot chippies
was designed and crafted by Scraptopia.


The cowboy title, horse and cowboy and also the horse
shoe chippie are also designed and created by Scraptopia. 
I painted the title and then used Tim Holtz Distress Crackle 
Paint Clear - Rock Candy over the top. On the Horse shoe
instead of the paint I used Copic E08 and then I placed some
copper glitz over it. With the horse and cowboy I used Copic
E33 and left it natural. 

Well I hope you like my LO of my deep in thought little man.
There is some time left so hop over to the 123 Challenge Blog
and join in the fun.

6 comments:

  1. Great Layout Brenda. Enjoy your time at Albury/Wodonga. :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi Brenda! I love this layout, being a country girl myself!! Love the orange and blue together, what a candid photo and love your chippie too.. and thanks for creating this for the 123 Challenge blog this month!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. What a great page telling a great story Brenda! Just fabulous! I hope your eldest son enjoys the Victorian Country Long Course Championships. Thanks for joining us at 123 this month. I hope to see you tackling next month's challenge too! :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Fab take on the challenge Brenda! And hope you had a great trip!

    ReplyDelete
  5. What a fun page - love the colour combo and the cluster of gorgeous feathers. That little boot is perfect, and I love the way you've coloured it. Thanks for playing with us at 1-2-3 this month :o)

    ReplyDelete
  6. Brilliant layout! Love your feather cluster. Thanks for playing along over @ 123 last month :)

    ReplyDelete