Monday 3 November 2014

Memories

Hello everyone and welcome once again to my blog. I love having you call over and see what I have been up to. I'm a little behind with my blog post after being away to two retreats. Both of them so much fun but when I got home it was time to get DT layouts finished and some started. So brake over and it's back to the fun at the scrap desk.

I created this layout for my DT at Let's Capture Our Memories. As always at LCOM you have an awesome sketch to help with your creative mojo. Below is this months sketch.


What an awesome sketch to create with. I enjoyed using it to create my layout. This is my take....


This layout is of my wonderful mother who is my world. She is a truly beautiful lady inside and out, i love creating layouts of her. In this one she is sewing and I'm not sure if it is creating something new or mending something. I do know one thing though and that is she could sew beautiful cloths and was a master at it and knitting as well. When I was little my dad worked hard to get what we did have and my mum was the backbone at home and later when we were older she worked too. At no time though did she ever stop her sewing or knitting. I will never forget her sitting behind her machine. A loved machine that finally seen it's last repair about 12 months ago. Way to go Singer lol. 


The beautiful patterned papers I used are from Kaisercraft Needle and Thread Collection. They were so good for fussy cutting my embellishments. My title wooden word "Memories is by Fancy Pants and I used Distress Ink - Old paper to ink it. 


These beautiful ladies were fussy cut from the patterned papers and they remind me so much of my mother very young and before I was born. I still remember patterns just like these dresses layed out on the kitchen table. Behind all the patterned papers I used a paper doily.


On the edge of the patterned papers I inked with Distress Ink - Vintage photo. The lace, tape and ric-rac behind the photo are from the Needle and Thread sticker sheet along with the very old sewing machine and cotton reel. The lady with the tape measure is fussy cut from the papers.

I hope you like this layout of my best friend, my mum. Please find the time to hop on over to Let's Capture Our Memories and join in the challenge.  

No comments:

Post a Comment