Friday 30 January 2015

This Day Was The Best

Welcome crafty friends as always to my blog. I hope you have all been able to have some wonderful time at your craft desk. I have been very busy of late but in my evenings as always I try to keep my mind busy with scrapping.
Today I would like to show you a layout I have created for Heather Waldron challenge over at 
Home & Scrapped I just love the sketch so much. 


This is my take and the photo I have used are from our holiday in Queensland.


I created my layout on black cardstock and my patterned papers are from Graphic 45 - Bohemian Bazaar Collection. The color in these patterned papers went so well with the birds. The colors were a great match and both so bright and vibrant. 


The chippie is by Scraptopia and I colored it with a blue Copic and the used a little Archival Pigment Ink - Moonlight Blue on it. Out of the patterned papers I used a Tim Holtz Die to cut the tags, then used my journal pen to stitch around the edges of each one. On the tags and the other peices of patterned paper I used Distress Ink - Black Soot and twine through the tag. 


The Honeycomb die I used is by Cheery Lynn Designs Frame. Once I had run it through my Sizzix I cut pieces and placed them behind everything. 


My embellishments on this layout have been fussy cut from the patterned papers. There are times where I find that the papers are great for this and there is no need or very little to use anything else. This was one of those times. 

I hope you have enjoyed my take on the sketch and until my next post Happy Crafting.
Hugs xxx


1 comment:

  1. This looks wonderful! Your fussy cutting looks amazing against the black background! And I agree, sometimes all you need is the papers and some fussy cutting!

    ReplyDelete