Sunday 8 February 2015

Queensland

Hello crafty friends and welcome to my blog and DT post for Let's Capture Our Memories. I enjoyed doing this layour of our holiday to Queensland. It is of just one thing we went to do but such a fun thing. It was the feeding of the pelicans. Both the boys got to swim with the pelicans and then join in with the feeding of them.


As always with Let's Capture Our Memories you get to wok with a sketch if you are joining in the fun. The sketch above I thought was great to do a clean and simple layout and this is what I have done below. 


The patterned papers I used are by Authentique - Harmony range and the stencil I used is Mini Swiss Dot by TCW. I used texture paste with the stencil and when it was dry I inked it with Distress Ink - Mustard Seed. I then went around the edge of them with my journal pen. The title chippie, Queensland is by Scraptopia. I used Kaisercraft Fusion - Y07 Yellow and then went over that with Glossy Accents.


I went around the edge of the patterned papers with Distress Ink - Black Soot and the photos with Jet Black Stazon Ink. The flowers and birds were fussy cut from patterned papers. The two pelicans I fussy cut from my photos.


As always thank you for calling over. I hope you like my clean and simple layout and that you have time to also call to the Let's Capture Our Memories blog and see what the other DT girls have been up to and maybe join in the fun.

Happy Crafting

2 comments:

  1. I do love your clean and simple layout, it looks wonderful.. love the photos and clever idea to fussy cut out a pelican from your photos...

    ReplyDelete
  2. New visitor via Scrapbook & Keepsakes. I like simple and effective layouts and look forward to seeing more of your work. I just wanted to ask why is it that some blogs have side panels that shake? I am curious as to the idea behind this.

    ReplyDelete