Sunday 26 April 2015

Growing Changes

Hello all and welcome to my blog. Today I would like to share with you a layout of my son Riley. It has been created for my DT post at Let's Capture Our Memories. It is an awesome sketch and as soon as I looked at it I had in mind what I wanted to do. I have been finding that a bit of late. 
The sketch below is the one I used for the next challenge along with the other designer. Please call over to the blog and join in the fun. 


Now for my take and a look at Riley over the years. They grow way to fast.


I chose to use Simple Stories patterned papers and a cream Kaisercraft Cardstock. Over the white cardstock I used Kaisercrafts Quarters stencil - Circles. I coloured modeling paste with Distress Spray Stain - Evergreen Bough and used that with the stencil and then used my brown journal pen onced dry to go around the circles.


I also used the Evergreen Bough stray to create runs, blogs and smudges on the background. To cut my circles I used Kaisercrafts Nesting Circles Dies. I inked the edges of my papers and photos with Archival Ink - Jet Black.


The cord I used is Natural Hemp and it comes in so many awesome colours, I love it. To define the cardstock and patterned background patterned paper a little I used a Black Zig Writer. 



The title is from a Simple Stories Sticker sheet. For dates, name and "enjoy the ride" are from Porta Craft - Rubon mini Alphas. The other words placed on the circles are cut from the patterned papers.

I hope you have enjoyed the closeups of my layout and that you are inspired enough to hop on over to the Let's Capture Our Memories blog, see what the other DT ladies have been up to and join in the fun. You never know you could be the one who wins the challenge.

Until my next post, happy crafting and stay safe. xxx


1 comment:

  1. I will agree with you, they grow too fast! Lovely layout using the sketch! I hope things are as good as they can be!

    ReplyDelete