Wednesday 18 November 2015

Birthday Boy

Hello my crafty friends and welcome to my blog. Today I would like to show you a layout I have created for my DT Post over at Let's Get Sketchy Blog. As we all know that to join in the fun you get to use a great sketch and this month is no different. I loved this sketch a real lot and I'm sure you will too. Please call to the blog and see what the other DT members have created for inspiration. They are all stunning designs. 


Now for my take on the sketch.


The photo is of my very handsome son Harley at his 7th Birthday, I just can't believe that he will in a couple of months turning 12. Wow where have the 5 years gone. 


I created the layout on Kaisercraft White Cardstock and for my background I used Mister Huey's Color Mists - Heirloom Blue, Sherbet and Real Red. The stencil is by TCW - Chicken Wire with modeling paste. The stamp is by Kaisercraft - Arty and I used Distress Ink Black Soot. The final thing on my background is Viva Inks Gold - Oldgold over some of the stencil.


My Birthday Boy Chippie is by WOW and I have coloured it with a Copic - GB09 Blue Green. The other words are by Scrapmatts Chippies - CB1197 Scrap Words 05.


I hope you have enjoyed my layout and the closeups and don't forget to hop on over to the
 Let's Get Sketchy  Blog and join in the fun, maybe win a prize. I look forward to seeing your creation and take on the sketch. 




1 comment:

  1. Hi Brenda! I hope your day is going well... That is a fabulous sketch, and love your layout. The mixed media on your background looks superb with colours that match your photo... And yes... Where do the years go?? Takes no time at all for the kids to grow!

    ReplyDelete