Thursday 10 March 2016

Day DREAM Time

Hello crafty friends and welcome as always to my blog. The page I'm posting is for my DT over at Let's Get Sketchy and what an awesome sketch the design team got to work with. I loved it and had the photo in mind as soon as I looked at it. I also love the photo of Riley that I used. It was taken a few years back when on holidays in Swan Hill, we were at the Pioneer Settlement and he sat don while I had been off taking photos and I snapped this one when coming back to him. 
Below is the sketch I used and then my take on it. 


 
I created it on a Kaisercraft patterned paper and the other patterned papers are by Prima. They had a feel of time gone by and they fitted so well with the photo. 


To create my background I used a Kaisercraft clear stamp - Bubble Wrap with Ranger Archival Ink - Jet Black. I also used this ink on the edges of the patterned paper. For the splatters on the background I used Mister Huey's Colour Mist Spray - Warm Calico. I framed the photo with a cogs chippie frame and then used Distress Crackle Paint - Vintage Photo on it, when dry I used a little of the Jet Black ink on a sponge over the top. I just give it that little bit of a more aged look.   


The stop watches were fussy cut from the Prima papers and I used a Sizzix Dies - Banners and Pennants Scallop for my triangles. For my title I used a dream chippie which I coloured with Distress Ink - Gathered Twigs. I did a few coats till I got it to the color I liked. The smaller words are Kaisercrafts Alpha Stickers - Dymo and I also used a little of the Gathered Twigs ink to match it in so they were not so white.

 
I really hope you have enjoyed popping in to see what I created for the challenge and that I have given you some inspiration. We would love to see you hop on over to the Let's Get Sketchy blog, see what the rest of the Design Team created with the same sketch. There is so much awesome takes from the girls and that you join in the fun. 

Happy Crafting. xxx

2 comments:

  1. Hi Brenda, how has your week been? I hope it has been a better week for you.... weekend tomorrow.. it comes around so quick... This layout looks wonderful.. love the papers, they all work so well together.. and that photo is gorgeous.. just a perfect moment.. anyways.. I hope you have a lovely weekend.. xx

    ReplyDelete
  2. Everything you picked for that photo our perfect! The vintage pattern papers, the pocket watches, the cog frame. Thank you for all the inspiration!

    ReplyDelete