Friday 22 April 2016

Lest We Forget

Hello crafty friends and as always welcome to my blog. Today I would like to share a post with you of a page that I have created for my Guest DT position over at ARTastic Challenge Blog. I was so excited when Jane Howden asked me to join them and for the April edition as it is a very special one. 
For the challenge I got to use this amazing artwork by Josh Miels called We will remember them.
On Monday 25th my eldest son as a School Captain will be marching with his Principal and other school staff in town to honor our solders. I'm so very proud of him to be chosen for this and my youngest son will march with his school and father at our local parade. I'm also very proud of him to. 

 

 CRITERIA -  The use of Typography on your page - let those letters shine!

 My inspiration from the Josh Miels painting - We Will Remember is that it was an army picture and when I looked at it I was drawn to the red in the face which pulled at my heart. Because of this I used red on my page in the background (Stamp) and the title. I also chose to use neutral colours of that period.


I created my layout on black cardstock and my base patterned paper is by Birch Craft titled  -
"Where Australians are Fighting"
The other patterned papers behind my photo are by Kaisercraft - Gringe Range.


Behind my photo I used a piece of corrugated card board and on it put  little Ranger Archival Ink - Jet Black. I also used the same ink on the edges of the patterned papers behind the photo. The stamp I used a Kaisercrafts Clear Crackle stamp. It reminded me of the face in the artwork. The ink is a Distress Ink - Fired Brick. 


My chippie title is by Scrap FX and I coloured it with a Ranger marker - Barn Door and then over that I used Glossy Accents. 


My Rising Sun Badge chippie is also by Scrap FX and I have coloured it a little with Viv Inka Gold Rub - Brrowngold and then used my journal pen a little on the makings so they stood out better after using the rub. 

There is still time to join in at ARTastic Challenge Blog and I know all the DT ladies would love to see your creations. Also there is so much inspiration over there from the design team so call in and have a look. 

Thank you for stopping in it has been great to see you again. I hope I have inspired you just a little and may your mojo flow. Happy Crafting. xxx

1 comment: