Thursday 20 April 2017

Card & Tag

Hello crafty friends and welcome to my blog and my DT post for Megs Garden. If you hop on over to the Meg's Garden Blog you will also be able to scroll through the other DT members work and get some wonderful inspiration on using many different Meg's Garden patterned papers and products. 

For my post I have used the very beautiful Sherlock Vol II patterned papers. Wow are these papers are stunning, so masculine. When I was creating my card and tag I had my Grandfather in mind. He was a Gardner and for some reason the colours and pictures on these papers reminded me of him.  
Now for my card first....
 
 
My tag and clock are fussy cut from the patterned papers. On my back ground on top of the patterned paper I used some Sand Mesh Ribbon, then placed a strip of black cardstock which I used a gold pen and placed dots around the edge. 
Over this I used a a Prima Vintage Label that I molded from the beautiful moulds that are available in the Meg's Garden Store. There are different designs and I love them all. I have used the paper clay that Meg's Garden Store also have to go with them. They are so easy to make. With this one I decided to use Jet Black Archival Ink on it and then placed Kaisercraft  mini Alpha stickers on the label.
A couple of pieces of Dusty Attic Chippie and then some Black Raffia tied through the tag and it was finished. Ready for the envelope and a special male friend.  
 
  
Now for my tag -
 
 
Again the beautiful masculine Sherlock Volume II patterned papers, fussy cutting from them and the Black Raffia. The other items I used for this tag are Vintage Mechanical Clock and a china bead. 
Both the card and tag are simple but look so nice and the colours are perfect for a guy. 


 
Megs Garden Products - 

I hope you have enjoyed popping in and having a look at my latest creation for Meg's Garden. I also hope you have a wonderful weekend and please keep calling back. There is always something to see and I just love getting visitors. 

1 comment:

  1. Hi Brenda, I hope your day is going well... Your card and tag look wonderful.. I love the embellies, very fitting for a masculine feel... I hope you have a lovely weekend ahead!xx

    ReplyDelete