Sunday 4 February 2018

Door Knob Hanger

Hello crafty friends and welcome to My Blog and my post using the beautiful French Chic Artist Pk 2 patterned papers from the Meg's Garden Store. They are stunning papers and I have used the card paper pack. They are great for cards, scrapbooking pages and even door hangers. This door hanger has been made for a friend of mines daughter. They have just moved into a new home and I'm sure she will love it on her door even though it doesn't say keep out  :)


To start I used a timber door hanger and painted the edges with a dark mauve acrylic paint, then glued the patterned paper to it. Once this was done I then used a  Butterfly stamp and placed some butterflies here and there. I also used a brown ink on the edges lightly. I punched out a boarder strip, inked the edge and I placed it across where I had a join in the patterned papers.   



I used the same brown ink to ink the edge of the white doily. From the patterned paper I punched out a large circle and then inked the edge of this too. Once inked I glued it to the middle of the doily and then glued the doily to the hanger. Then glued a string of pearls around the punched out circle. Once these were glued I then placed one Carabella Rose Posy flower on one edge. Around that I then placed some of the small white paper flowers and a small pale pink rose and one mini white rose bud to hang down. The leaves are 2.5cm rose leaves and they come in a 10 pk which is just great.




Finally it was time to place Ebony's name on it and then a  lovely pink ribbon. I then chose a different patterned paper in the collection and punched out two different sizes of butterflies, put a very small amount of ink on them and the glued then on here and there. 
I hope you have enjoyed looking at my door knob hanger and please remember that there are so many products for you to create with in the Meg's Garden Store. If you are like me I know you will have trouble working out what ones you like the most. Everything is so beautiful.
Thank you so much for stopping in and please hop on over to Meg's Garden Blog and see what the other very talents Design Team have been creating. 
Hugs and Happy Crafting


1 comment:

  1. Oh this is so sweet Brenda, very girly and pretty....

    ReplyDelete