Monday 17 December 2018

Believe in the Magic

Hello and welcome as always to my blog. I would like to share with you my latest page using this months DT challenge over at Off The Rails. I loved the mood board and chose to use the Christmas papers I had that are in purples as it's my favorite colour. The photo is of my girlfriends daughter Meghan which was taken at her ballet concert some years ago.



For my page I chose to tear the papers and to put creases and folds on the edges.
  The patterned papers I used are Kaisercraft - Christmas Jewel Collection


I also chose two silver doily's. I just love silver and purple together for Christmas themes. 

I also used Kaiercraft Wooden Snowflake Flourishes. I started by painting them with a Silver Paint Pen. Once that was dry I then placed Wink Of Stella Silver of the top just to give a bit more of a sparkle to them. 

Once the Wink Of Stell was dry I then used Prima Sparks Acrylic Paint - Iris Potion on all the round ball ends. This paint is so sparkly and really made them pop.

As most would know I do live to fussy cut and have fussy cut the reindeer and holly from the patterned papers.


I loved this photo of Meghan as a Christmas Angle but the surrounding didn't go with papers I had chose so I also fussy cut the photo of her. Once I had done this it was perfect with the papers.  To place the photo on the page I used dimension tabs to lift her up from the background.

All that was left to do was to put my page together and I was finished. 

I hope you have enjoyed seeing my take on this months challenge and remember there is still plenty of time to join in with us and do the Christmas shopping so please hop on over to Off The Rails you could be the December lucky winner..

Happy Crafting xxx

1 comment:

  1. This is gorgeous Brenda, I love those colors together too. and what a lovely photo.. I hope you had a special Christmas and I wish you all the best for 2019!!

    ReplyDelete