Wednesday 11 June 2014

Harley

Welcome once again everyone to my blog and my DT post
for Let's Capture Our Memories and sketch Challenge #75.
This is a great sketch and you still have plenty of time to hop
on over, check out what the other DT girls have been up to
and join in the challenge.


I hope you like my take on the sketch. The layout is of my very
handsome son Harley cutting his 3rd Birthday cake with his poppy. 


The patterned papers I have used are from Kaisercrafts - "Save The
Date" collection. I have been going through some papers I have had 
in my stash for some time. I seem to have this thing for buying papers
I love and then not wanting to use them because they are too nice. 

New Years Resolution #1 was to start to use some of these papers and 
I have been. I'm glad I did with this LO as I just love how it has come up.


The three chippies (Name, Helicopter and cake)  on this LO are from 
Scraptopia and I have colored them with Copics. The Happy Birthday,
Hip Hip Hooray! and #3 have been cut from the patterned papers. 

 
I have inked the edge of the papers with Brown Distress Ink which 
has made them stand out a little more. I also mounted the photo up 
from the papers. 


Now don't forget to hop on over to the Let's Capture Our Memories
blog and join in. We would love to see you. 




2 comments:

  1. Lovely layout, those papers are fabulous for the photo!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Love the colours in this layout :) Great take on the sketch. I know how you feel, I chopped up one of my first papers I ever brought this month for a layout - and I am pleased I did.

    ReplyDelete