Saturday 7 March 2015

Special Moments

Hello crafty friends and welcome as always to my blog. Today I would like to share with you a layout I created of my son Riley. These photos are very special to me as they were taken at a swimming competition in Bendigo where he had a very nice and unexpected win. 

I have created the layout for my DT position over at Let's Capture Our Memories and as always there as an awesome sketch to work with. 


This is my take on the challenge and I used October Afternoon patterned papers and it was created on cream Kaisercraft cardstock.


From the sketch I decided to keep the layout clean and simple letting the sketch and layout speak for themselves. The patterned papers I chose where great for the colours in the photos being prominently red and blue.


For the edges of the patterned papers I used Distress Ink - Gathered Twigs and on the banner and bow for the journal tag I used twine. 

  
My Special Moments title is from Kaisercraft rubons. The trophy on the tag has been cut from one of the photos. It is the one he won at the swim meet. 


Also the letters on the banner are from Kaisercrafts rubons. It is very true too, it sure was a dream win for Riley and one he was very proud of. 

I hope you have liked my layout and until my next post, Happy Crafting.
xxx

1 comment:

  1. Hi Brenda, this is a lovely layout of a special day for,your son! The sketch is wonderful the way it is and your layout looks great! I hope you have had a good weekend!

    ReplyDelete