Friday 6 November 2015

Actress - Louise Brooks

 Hello crafty friends and welcome as always to my blog. I would like to show you a page created for my DT post over at Let's Get Sketchy. Starting this month there is a little change at the LGS blog. Next in the red is how the challenges will run. It isn't that complicated so if you find it a bit confusing on my blog then don't stress just pop over to the LGS Blog, check out what the other designers have created and you will understand. Join in the fun to be in the running for a wonderful prize.

Let's Get Sketchy Post............                                                                     
  We are trying something new here at LGS.  Starting this month we will be bringing you 2 fabulous mood boards to accompany your sketches.  Team A will reveal their mood board challenges during week 1 and Team B during week 3.  You are to use the mood board AND sketch for that week's layout.  The mood board is for that week's sketch only!!  So you will have 2 moodboards plus sketch each month and 2 regular sketch challenges (without boards).

Now for the mood board, sketch and my take on the challenge. 




I chose to use a photo of actress Louise Brooks from 1927 to create my layout. I loved the photo of her and felt it went so well with the Graphic 45 patterned papers - Couture Collection. These Graphic 45 papers were perfect for the Mood Board.


To create my background I used Kaisercrafts Clear Stamp - Script with Distress Ink - Gathered Twigs. For the splatters I used Irresistible Texture Spray - Tuxedo Black, Distress Spray Stain - Broken China and Perfect Pearls Mist - Perfect Copper.


The beautiful elegant ladies have been fussy cut from the patterned papers and the Patterned papers behind the photo have the edges inked with Archival Ink - Jet Black.


I created the page on Kaiser White Cardstock and used black cardstock and Kaisers alpha Die for the name and the word Actress is Kaisers Mini Alpha Sticker letter.


I hope you have enjoyed the closeups of my layout for the first Sketch/Mood Board Challenge over at Let's Get Sketchy. We would love it if you called over to the blog, had a look at the other creations from the extremely talented DT. With the juices flowing then join in the fun with your very own creation.
 

 

1 comment:

  1. Hi Brenda, I hope your weekend is going well... oh wow.. this layout is sheek, elegant and oh so beautiful.. I love the 50's feel to it and love the sketch too... Have a good week ahead...xx

    ReplyDelete