Tuesday 28 June 2016

Port Fairy

Hello crafty friends and as always welcome to my blog. Today I would like to share a page with you that I have created for the challenge over at Pixels and Paper Challenge Blog. As soon as I looked at the challenge I thought - Yes, I love to tear paper. This challenge was going to be fun, below is the inspiration picture and the criteria. 

CRITERIA is distressing in some form. 
Think tearing paper, inking edges 
or using some sandpaper on your cardstock.

From the criteria I chose - Tearing the paper and inking the edges. The tearing of the paper reminded me of the waves and how rough it become late in the day. 

For my inspiration from the photo I chose - The weathered look and what better than the beach. We all know how much the ocean can weather things. The roughness to the weathered door reminded me of when we went to Port Fairy on holidays and the roughness the coastline took near the lighthouse at the end of the day.

Now for my take on the challenge.


I remember the first time (Many years back) I attended a workshop and there was tearing of the papers. Wow was I horrified - tear the papers, what do they mean tear the papers. No this couldn't be right not tearing the papers, you cut the papers. My first tear was about to happen and the look on my face  must have been one of committing murder. I kept thinking I'm going to do this wrong. There is no wrong though and I soon got to love it, it's an awesome technique. 
  
The beautiful patterned papers I chose to use for this page are by Pion Designs - Shoreline Treasures. I also loved these papers for the challenge as they are quite vintage which also made me think of the aged weathered look. 


I fussy cut my embellishments from the patterned papers and on the edges of my patterned papers I used Distress Ink - Black Soot. 


For my title Port Fairy I used Kaiser Alpha Sticker Letters and the verse was cut from Pion Design papers.The other product I used also was a Kaiser Clear Stamp - Fishing Net.  


The anchors, shells, coral and cute little boy with his boat have all been fussy cut from the patterned papers. I love the boys boat too as it has a weathered look too it. 


Thanks for stopping in and having a look at my page created for the Pixels and Paper Challenge
With such a short time left till we are halfway though the year I hope it's been a great half. I hope that the second half is wonderful too and that your inspiration flows. Please call back again as I would love to see you. Hugs and happy crafting xxx

9 comments:

  1. Just delightful Brenda. I can almost taste the seaspray from this page. Wonderful work. Many thanks for playing along with us at Pixels and Paper this month.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi Brenda! Wow this layout is superb! I love the back ground paper and love your layers under your wonderful photo.. I love paper tearing too, and like you I wondered about it the first time I did it... but it gives great texture to the paper.. I hope your second half of the year is even better for you too.. hang onto your hat, I think it is gunna fly by!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. This is a great page. The background paper is a perfect foil for your photo and I love how you have distressed and layered additional strips. Your fussy cut embellishments look fabulous. I think we all go through the stage of slight shock when we tear for the first time.. but it is such fun. Thank you for playing along at Pixels and Paper. Cheers. Di

    ReplyDelete
  4. Gorgeous layout Brenda, love how you have made the scene with the lighthouse. The soft blues really make your lovely photo shine.
    Mary

    ReplyDelete
  5. wow. love the way you really make this feel like being at the seashore. Thanks for playing along with us at Pixels and Paper.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Your layout is utterly delightful Brenda! The background paper is amazing in itself, but I love the layering work you have done to really make your wonderful photo the hero of the page. Thanks so much for joining us at Pixels & Paper!
    Deb.xx

    ReplyDelete
  7. Perfect theme for a distressed layout... and yes, I remember the first time I did paper-tearing... that feeling of dread, followed by total liberation!! Lovely layout.

    ReplyDelete
  8. lovely distressing and beautiful page, all the choices of paper and colours are perfect together!! Thank you for playing along with Pixels and Paper!!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Lovely page Brenda, love all the distressed edges :) and great photo too!

    ReplyDelete