Tuesday 2 May 2017

Remember

Hello crafty friends, I'm here on my blog again yo show you my latest DT page for Meg's Garden Blog. My layout was created using the stunning Sherlock Journal Vol. 11 papers. These are stunning papers and I have enjoyed working with them. I decided I would use a photo of one of the oldest homes in our local area. It is far from livable now with the Lloyd Family moving out many, many years ago. 
Every time I go past I always think to myself if only the walls could talk. I love the history of the area and knew these papers would be perfect for my photo. 


I created my page on a cream cardstock and on the edges of the patterned paper I used Distress Ink - Walnut Stain. I used the same ink on the corrugated cardboard just to blend the colour in a little more.  I left the chippie natural as I thought it suited the page better. 
 
 
The vintage trinket behind the flowers is a XX Long Filigree, there are different ones  and they are stunning on all craft projects and I love this one.  The flowers are the beautiful Green Tara and you can get all the colours in the Meg's Garden Store.
 
 
The quill and ink well have been fussy cut from the patterned papers. The Mesh Ribbon comes in 8 different colours and is also by Green Tara and you can find them in the store as well. They are great colours and I love using them.
 

The brass pen nibs are perfect with these papers, they are exact to the to the quill en that I have fussy cut. The Lions Head round ring I just love. It looks so cute and I thought it would look like something you might find inside the house. Also in this flower cluster is the Lock 2 Tall.
 
 
The other thing I used on my page is a chippie title and I colored it with a Ditress Marker - Aged Mahogany, a great match for the patterned papers.
 
 
 I hope you have enjoyed popping into my blog. Remember over at Megs Garden there are many creations using these beautiful products for you to see and get inspiration from. 
Happy Crafting xxx

No comments:

Post a Comment