Wednesday 7 October 2020

Hopscotch

 Hello and as always welcome to my blog. Tonight I'm sharing a page that I have created for this months challenge at Kraft+ over on Facebook.
At first I thought what a fun challenge I have never worked with actual chalk before in my scrapbooking. Well not the type of chalk that one uses to draw with on the ground like I remembered doing at school. 
 
 
So off to the craft shop to get some chalk. I had a thought in my mind to what I was going to do with the chalk.
 
 
Now for my page. The cutie in the photo is my girlfriends daughter.
 
 
I have used the chalk to create the hopscotch and also the flowers.
When I was reading how Heather McMahon created her work and used hairspray to seal the chalk I decided it was a fantastic idea and I did the same.
 
I used white cardstock to draw my hopscotch so it would show up and coloured the squares. I then used a Posca paint pen and did the outside lines. I then used a black Posca paint pen and numbered the squares just like when I was at school and numbered them with chalk. I then fussy cut it out.

For the flowers I stamped them on the white cardstock. I then coloured them with the chalk and then fussy cut them out. 

 
I had so much fun creating this page and thinking back to when I was a little girl. These days primary schools tend to pain the hopscotches on the ground so they are always there. In my day it was the good old chalk. 

 
The products I used are -
Kraft Cardstock
Chalk
Mix Of Patterned Papers
Dylusions Stamps - Fancy Flowers
Kaisercraft Clear Stamp - Honeycombe
Archival Ink - Jet Black
Journal Pen
Wooden Veneer Letters
Distress Marker - Wilted Violet
Posca Paint Pens - Violet and Black
Gel Pens - Purple and Blue
Gauze

 
Thanks so much for popping in to see what I have been up to. I hope you like the page I have created for the challenge at Kraft+
 
Happy Crafting xxx
 
 

 

1 comment:

  1. This is such a clever and creative take on the Chalk challenge.. I love the hopscotch board and such sweet colors too.. cute photo matches it all so beautifully..

    ReplyDelete