Wednesday 10 September 2014

My Poppy - My Hero

Welcome as always to my blog. I have created this Lo for
my DT position at Scrapbookit. The challenge this month
was set by the very lovely and talented Mel. being the month
of September it was a great choice. September is all about the
dad, Poppy, granddad. It's their special time. 

To join in the all the fun......
Create a layout/a project that includes the following:
* Masculine theme
*The words 'My Hero' included in the title
* 4 patterned papers
* Washi tape
* Twine / Ribbon
* At least 1 handmade embellishment
  
The following is my take on the challenge. The layout is of my
two sons Riley and Harley with their Poppy. He sure is their Hero.
They just adore him and he is the one who kills spiders, cuts the 
wood, pulls the splinter and he has them hanging off every word.

Just for information....The crocodile my dad is showing the boys 
is ceramic and made by me.
 

As always I loved the papers I was sent in my kit. These papers by
BoBunny are awesome, and are deferentially male papers. I created
my design on white cardstock.  I guess by now you have all worked
out what my handmade embellishments are. They are the beautiful
things I have fussy cut from the papers. But that is me, as always I
love to fussy cut and it is a way of getting the most from your papers.


The tags I have used are by Kaisercraft and the twine is of course 
on my tags. I have inked around the edges of the patterned papers
with Distress Ink - Black Soot. In the background I used Kaisercrafts
Honeycomb clear stamp with the same ink.
 
 
 
The alphas I used are Thickers - Hardcover and the color of them 
was just perfect for these papers. The colors on my cardstock are 
Faber-Castell Gelatoes and wow are these awesome to use. They
 are just great for blending and adding dimension to your work.
 
To have a look at what the other DT girls have been up to hop on over
to the Scrapbookit Blog, check things out and join in the fun. Remember
that everything we use is available through the store and it is easy access
also through the blog. If you don't see it just send Jo a quick email. 

The other thing to remember this month at Scrapbookit is the DT Call.
Yes it is that time again and Jo is wonderful to DT for. You receive an
awesome kit each month to play with. You can find all the details for 
this also on the blog. Part of your application is also to join in this
months challenge. That can only mean one thing....Of to the scrap desk
and good luck.  

No comments:

Post a Comment