Thursday 6 November 2014

A Brothers Love.

I'm on a roll today, maybe every day should be my birthday, yep like that would happen. It has been good to do the catching up though and if i hurry after tea I can spend all my time scrapping. Yippee to that I say. But for now it is this post.....My latest DT post for Scrapbookit. What a great challenge this month that has been set by my fellow DT Tania.

The challenge is Mixed Media and to join in with the challenge you need to use the following -
STENCIL
SPRAY
CHIPBOARD
This is my take on the challenge -


The patterned papers I used are Simple Stories - Hello Baby 12x12 collection kit and it comes with so much to create a beautiful layout. If you are a person who is unsure what embellishments to use with your patterned papers or what alpha letters then this is a kit for you. It comes with 6 12x12 doubled sided card stock patterned paper, 6 sheets of double sided signature element pieces which varies in size, 1 12x12 sheet of fundamentals card stock stickers, 1 12x12 sheet of expressions card stock stickers and 6 bonus 4x6 transparency photo overlays.


The stencil I chose is the KaiserCraft Quarters - Dots. I used modeling paste and then when dry I used the same stencil again but this time with KaiserCrafts Ink - Saffron and then over the top I used Tinby metallic Melts - Sherwood Green (Yes - yellow with Green over it). Next I used the same stencil but this time I used Distress Embossing ink and Tinby Metallic Melts - First Light. Once all this was done I used my journal pen and went around each of the dots that I had created with the modeling paste.
 
 
The sprays on my back ground are Mister Huey's - Mint Julep and Powder Blue.
Lindy's Stamp Gang - Blue Hawaiian Blue.
My flowers are a mix of KaiserCraft and Prima. The Kaiser flowers are Mini Paper Blooms - Buttercream, Ice Berg and Sage. Also I used Kaiser leaves.
For the Prima flowers I used - Mini Me Flowers and I inked them a little with Distress Ink - Vintage Photo, once put together I then used a Ribtex Beadz - Aqua or pearls Olive in the center.

I inked the gauze with Distress Ink - Old paper. I also used the same ink on the KaiserCraft Sheet Music clear stamp on my background. 
Mixed in with the gauze is some cotton. 
The chippies are Scrap FX - Sweethearts. They are so cute in a variety of different sizes. I colored them with a Copic - Spectrum Green (G02) and then put some Sherwood Green Tinby Melts over that. I have done it so it doesn't fully cover.
 
 
I inked the gauze with Distress Ink - Old paper. I also used the same ink on the KaiserCraft Sheet Music clear stamp on my background. 
Mixed in with the gauze is some cotton.  The chippies are Scrap FX - Sweethearts. They are so cute in a variety of different sizes. I colored them with a Copic - Spectrum Green (G02) and then put some Sherwood Green Tinby Melts over that. I have done it so it doesn't fully cover.
On the doily I used KaiserCraft Ink - Island.
The patterned papers I inked the edge of with Vintage Photo.
The other embellishments were from the sticker sheets and there are so many to pick from. When I placed the hearts on the layout I decide to use my journal pen around them just like the dots. My title is from the Alpha sticker sheet.
 
 
I hope you have enjoyed my take on the challenge and please hop on over to the Scrapbookit Blog and join in the fun. Some lucky person at the end of the month will end up with a fab prize from Jo.
 

2 comments:

  1. I hope you have had a wonderful day! This layout is lovely, adorable photo and love that texture and color on your background! Enjoy the weekend too!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Such a gorgeous LO, just love he background you have created and your flower clusters are divine.

    ReplyDelete