Thursday 29 January 2015

Journey Travel Adventure

Hello and a very warm welcome to my blog. I hope that everyone has had a wonderful Christmas brake. I know I have and our holiday away was just wonderful. I have come home to a very sick mum and at present she is in hospital. She is a fighter and continues to do so. One of the things I promised her was that I would keep up my scraping. She loves my work and loves seeing what I come up with. So for my mum I have continued and I'm finding it is keeping my mind busy.

So for this post I would like to show you a layout I created for the challenge over at Krerative Koncepts. It is for an awesome sketch challenge and I enjoyed doing it. 

Below is my take on the sketch and the photos are from our trip to Queensland last year.


The patterned papers I used are by Graphic 45 - Song Bird Collection. The chippie is by Scraptopia. On the edge of the floral paper I used a Fiskars punch. 


Behind the chippie I used a paper doily and colored it with ink. I colored the chippie with a Copic black pen and then used some Archival Pigment Ink - Moonlight White.


I love to fussy cut and these papers are great for that. The flower and bird I have fussy cut and I think they look great on the layout. My journaling is done by hand with my journal pen. The other two inks I used are Distress Ink - Walnut Stain and Tumbled Grass. 

I hope you like my take on the sketch. Until you call again, happy crafting.
Hugs Brenda xxx

1 comment:

  1. Hi Brenda, great take on the sketch. Love the title! Hope your Mum is feeling better.

    ReplyDelete