Monday 9 March 2015

Surf's Up

Hello crafty friends and a very warm welcome to my blog and my DT post for Treasures Forever.
I have really enjoyed doing this layout of my son Riley. The photos were taken on our holidays in January and we went to Sommers. These photos were taken at Phillip Island after Riley had his very first surf lesson. Boy was I proud of him. A one hour lesson and he was surfing pretty good.


The patterned papers I used are Kaisercrafts - Seaside Collection. It is an old range of papers but I think a goodie. I have been lucky to be able to get some bits and pieces of this range from Roz so you will get to see some more of our holiday with them. 


From the patterned papers in the 6" paper pad I fussy cut the surf boards. The chippie title is by 
Scrap FX and I colored it with Kaisercrafts B10 Fusion. I then used some white ink on it to give it a bit of a look like water but chose to let it have a pale blue tinge to it.


I distressed the edges of the patterned papers and then lightly inked the edges with Distress Ink - Frayed Burlap. On my background I used Distress Ink - Mustard Seed on Kaisercrafts Clear Stamp - Distress and Distress Ink - Tumbled Glass on Kaisercrafts Clear Stamp - Stains.


The cutout words are from patterned paper sheet by Webster's - Ocean Melody Storyteller Sheet 2 and I inked them around the edges with Frayed Burlap and then inked lightly in the middle with Tumbled Glass.


I hope you have enjoyed having a look at my layout and everything I have used is available at Treasures Forever. 

Happy Crafting xxx

1 comment:

  1. Oh wow you are a busy girl! This layout is fabulous, I love those papers too.. perfect for your photos, love the layers under your photo, and great title too..

    ReplyDelete