Monday 11 May 2015

Bee utiful Nature

Hello everyone and welcome to my blog, as always I love having you stop over and see what I have been up to. For this post I would like to show you a layout I have created for my DT position over at Let's Get Sketchy. I love the sketch and decided to use a photo of a bee on a flowering gum tree. I took the photo while on holidays and it was one of many shits till I got the one i wanted.

 

Above is the sketch and below is my take on it. There is still time to hop on over to Let's Get Sketchy and have a look at the creative work of the other designers and join in the fun. 


I created my layout on Kaisercraft cardstock and I also used their patterned papers - Great Southern Land Collection. I stamped on the background with Kaisercrafts Honeycomb clear stamp with Distress Ink - Gathered Twigs.


Bee utiful was cut out of black cardstock with Kaisers Word Die (which I altered). The word nature is from Websters letter stickers. The tree leaves are a die by Elizabeth Craft Designs and I used Authentique Patterned Paper - Harmony then inked them a little with Distress Ink - Black Soot. 


The flower flourish is fussy cut from the patterned papers and is the flowering gum that the bees were on. The hole tree was covered in them and they were very noisy. My boys were to scared to hold a branch on the tree (as it was very windy) so I could get a couple of good shots. 


The little bees are wooden flourishes by Kaisercraft and I coloured them with fusion pens and used some Glossy Accents on the wings. I hope they look a little like bees.

I hope you like my take on the sketch and that I have inspired you to call to the blog and join in the fun. Until next time - Happy Crafting.


No comments:

Post a Comment