Monday 11 May 2015

Keepsake Box for Mum

Hello everyone and welcome to Brenda's Scrap Place, I hope you enjoy your time here having a look around. I hope your Mothers Day was as wonderful as mine was. I got to spend the day with the three most wonderful people in my life. My beautiful Mum, Helen and my two very handsome boys Riley and Harley. 
I would like to share with you the keepsake box I made for Mum.Inside it the boys placed a lovely Grandma pen to fill out her hospital meals form, card, letter and small drawing, special little tag made by me and some Jelly Beans (She is allowed a couple when her sugar drops to low from the steroids.) She was one happy Grandma/Mum and that made my day. 
Now for my Keepsake Box that I made for my post over at Megs Garden.


I have created it out of the ' Forgotten Meadows' collection. I love the flowers on these papers so much. They are beautiful, pinks, mauve, creams and many more colours too. 

 

 After placing the patterned paper on the top I decided to place some flowers over the top and let the flowers on the patterned paper flow out from behind them. The flowers I chose to use are the Velvet Pansy and leavessmall paper white and cream roses, paper Azaleas and a white Heirloom flower. The picture of the lady is from the Vintage Beauties Strips and after I have cut out the two different sizes I have mounted them on some of the patterned paper.  Also on the top I placed a bronze flower.


I inked the edge of the patterned paper with Distress Ink Gathered Twigs. The stems for my flowers I twisted in glued them coming from behind the flowers. 

 

 I used a pink Fusion to colour the edge of the box lid and the placed some off white lace around it.  I then fussy cut the butterflies from the patterned papers.


I hope you have enjoyed my post for Meg's Garden. I hope you have the time to hop over to the blog and have a look at what some of the other ladies have been up to and that we can inspire you a little. 
Until my next post good health and happy crafting to you.
xxx

1 comment:

  1. This looks wonderful Brenda! Because it was made with a lot of love. Love the lace, love the flowers too! And I hope you have a really lovely week!

    ReplyDelete