Sunday 17 November 2013

A Boy And His Dog

Welcome again everyone too my blog and another Challenge
LO. This one is for the challenge at Scrap The Boys.

The November Challenge is "Mans Best Friend" and I decided
to go with the traditional one and created a LO of my son Riley 
and his dog Sweetie (name picked by Riley, his reason was - she
is such a Sweetie) .


I just love doing pages off my boys and they are boys. I have so many 
photos off them covered in mud and playing in mud. The one thing that 
Riley and sweetie have always loved too do is play in the mud near the 
creek on the farm. Oh yes and don't I love it too. Smells so nice, not. lol

 
The title chippie is from WOW and I have colored it with Stampin` Up -
Certainly Celery. My back ground paper is from the Kaiser Crafts range -
Base Coat and the patterned papers are also Kaisers - Lone Ranger which
I have had for some time now and thought they were just perfect for what 
I had in mind. I used black card stock too mount the photos of Riley and 
Sweetie. I have used TCW Splats stencil with Viva Ferro - Stahl. The other 
stencil I used is also TCW - Mini Halequin with texture paste. Once dry I 
then inked it with Vera Color Ink - Bark, Atlantic and Pine cone.


I loved doing this LO for Scrap The Boys and being able to give it that real
dirty yucky look. The same look Riley and Sweet had. I punched out my tags
with a Creative Memories tag punch and then inked around the edges and used 
a journal pen to do some stitching. I used rub-ons and on one I did my journal 
and placed it behind the papers so it matched in and can be pulled out to read 
any time. 


The grass and wire are chippies made by Scraptopia. The grass I have also
colored with Certainly Celery the same as the title. The string is from my 
sons yo-yo as he broke it and I thought it would come in handy. I have also
placed a little washi tape near the words Riley and Sweetie. On my tags I
also used Bella bling. The rub-ons are a mix from Kaiser, Sullivans and BTDT. 


I hope you like my layout for Scrap The Boys  - Mans Best Friend 
challenge. If I have inspired you then pop on over and join in the fun with
the November challenge. You still have plenty off time.  

5 comments:

  1. This is definitely one of my favourite Layouts. I love love love the ferro on the page and the tag is adorable, good luck x

    ReplyDelete
  2. awww, love this!! Great use of chipboard and love the muted colours!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Beautiful page and love the colours. Thanks for playing along at scrap the boys.

    ReplyDelete
  4. LOVING all the texture on your page Brenda.. perfect for those photos! great boys page.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Awesome texture, Brenda and great photo's!!!
    Than you for sharing with us at STB :)

    ReplyDelete