Monday 8 June 2015

(Father and son) Moments

Hello everyone and welcome to my blog. Today I would like to show you a DT layout I have created for Let's Capture Our Memories. As always it is a wonderful sketch and I have chose to create mine using two photos of my son Riley when he was just a bub and my husband Graeme.

 

I love these two photos from 12 years ago. Riley made his dad so happy when he loved being in the Fiat Tractor with him. Farming is his dad love and world and when Riley smiled and was happy in the cab so was dad. 


I not only love the photos but I also love the colours of this layout. The patterned papers I have used are Kaisercraft - Scrap Yard Collection and I also used the Scrap Yard Collectables. The corrugated cardboard is also by Kaisercraft and I coloured it with Distress Inks - Rusty Hinge and Black Soot.


  The cute little tractor chippie is by Scrap FX (looks a little like the Fiat) I have coloured it with Viva Croco Crackling - Orange and then cloured the other bits with a black Copic. For my circle I decided to used Irresistible Texture Spray - Tuxedo Black. I love this spray as it has a great finish to it. As you can see I didn't spray with it, I took the spay top off and used the end like a pen and run it around, dipping it in and out of the spray. 
 For the words they were cut from the Kaisercraft papers and I inked them with Distress ink - Rusty Hinge so they matched in a little better. 

 
The arrow chippie is also from Scrap FX and the Moments word is a Dusty Attic chippie and both have been coloured with the same as the tractor, Viva Croco Crackling - Orange. At the top the Chevrons are from the Scrap Yard sticker sheet and I place one of the collectables over the top and used it as part of the Title. 


I hope you have enjoyed popping into my blog as much as I have enjoyed calling. Please call to the Let's Capture Our Memories Blog to have a look at the other design team ladies work. Don't forget to join in on the fun. 

Happy Crafting. xxx

2 comments:

  1. This looks wonderful Brenda! What precious memories in those photos! Great blokes papers too! Hope things are going ok with you...

    ReplyDelete
  2. fabulous colour combo.. perfect with those great photos.. rustic and fun..

    ReplyDelete