Sunday 9 August 2015

Memories

Hello everyone and welcome to my blog and my latest post for Meg's Garden. The layout I have created is of my Grandmother (Oma) and I have used the beautiful English Rose Garden Collection of patterned papers. As soon as I looked at these papers I loved them and had the photo I wanted to used in my mind. The papers had a vintage feel to them for me and this is what I come up with.
 

Flowers are a must for a layout of my Oma as my Grandparents owned a farm where they grew flowers and strawberry's. The flowers when to florists and the strawberry's when to grocers, markets and also brought by Monbulk Jam. She was a hard worker but there was always time for a hug and I will always remember the beautiful relationship she had with my mum. I believe it was their relationship that set the path for the one that my mum and I would have. One that I think I have been able to pass on to my boys with me and their Grandma. But enough of my family history and a little more of the layout and the beautiful products I used. 
I created my layout on Kaisercraft Stone cardstock. I'm a big user of cardstock for my layouts. I love the fact that it tends to keep my eye focused on what is created on it rather than the background.
 

 The two patterned papers I chose from the collection were A Bouquet of Roses and Leaves and Foliage. Both I inked the edges of with Distress Ink - Tea Dye. On one edge of the Leaves and Foliage sheet I used a Fiskars Boarder Punch. The beautiful butterfly has been fussy cut from the More Butterflies Transparencies A4 sheet. The butterflies on the sheet are stunning colours and will compliment so much. 
 
 
I chose to place the photo behind a medium laser cut frame, before doing this I used a distress marker - Peeled Paint to colour it. Once this was done I then covered it with Matisse - Iridescent Medium. I then used a baby wipe to remove some of the Matisse to give it an aged look. Over this I then used Distress ink - Tea Dye and my aged effect was finished. 


In my background I used a Bond Square Doily. Meg's Garden has some very beautiful doilies and this is just one of them. I used a little of the Tea Dye ink on it and felt it give it an aged look. 
The new Fantasy Bloom flowers are just beautiful. They come in 11 different colours and the colour packet I chose to use was Rust. I just love the fact that they come in colour and also white in the packet with a hint of the coordinating colour


My memories title is a Scrapmatts Chippie - Scrapword/Colour, Burnt Cream. I also inked the edge with a little Tea Dye just to give it a little bit of an aged look. Around the edge of the cardstock I used some water to give it a weathered look. 
 
 
Thank you so much for stopping in at my blog and I hope you have enjoyed taking a look at my layout. Please leave a comment as I will be calling back and I would love to know what you think. Don't forget to call into the Meg's Garden Blog to have a look at some more of the beautiful work from the rest of the design team created with products from the Meg's Garden online store. 
Happy crafting.

No comments:

Post a Comment