Saturday 21 May 2016

Love

Hello crafty friends and as always welcome to my blog. My page I have created to show you today is for the challenge over at Scrapbookit. The challenge was "Things With Wings". As soon as I looked at the challenge for this month I knew just what I wanted to do, I got the camera out and snapped this photo I have used. 


I have many bird photos I could have used but I couldn't get this statue out of my mind. I knew I had to do it and my head kept saying find those Pion Design papers, I'm sure they have doves on them. 
Found and they did - perfect.

This statue is so special to me. I received many things of special value when my mum passed away. Cards, messages, tress, shrubs, flowers and this statue. It holds a special beauty that warms my heart the same as my tree and shrub as I watch them grow. 

This is what I was going to write on the page but as I created I decided to write my mum a little letter.

If only I could send a letter to heaven Mum,
I would send it filled with love
on the wings of a dove.


Patterned papers - Pion Design - Paris Flea Market
Word Chippie - Scrapmatts
Flowers - Petaloo
Distress Ink - Vintage Photo




As you can see by the list above I have not used a lot of products, this is due to the fact that I used the papers by fussy cutting. I have fussy cut the outside boarder and placed it on the beautiful blue patterned paper. I love this blue as it reminded me of mums eyes. Her eyes are so blue, so beautiful. 




Thank you so much for stopping in and having a look at my page. I hope I have been able to inspire you just a little that if you don't fussy cut to have a go. It's a great way to utilize beautiful papers such as these. Happy crafting.  xxx

"I know you have always loved my work mum and I hope you love this page too. Missing you every single day. I so wish a dove could take my letter to you or that heaven had visiting hours. The boys and I have an empty place in our hearts that only you could fill. Our lives will never be the same without you. We love you mum."

3 comments:

  1. Brenda this is such a beautiful page. Besides the gorgeous photo and papers.,.the message, love and meaning makes it all that more special. A beautiful way to remember your gorgeous mum.
    Thanks for joining in. I love it! Xxx

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh Brenda, I am tearing up... This page is simply beautiful.. The statue really is so special, and I wish too the dove could take your love letter to your Mum to read... A beautiful layout, love the colors and I love fussy cutting too, it relaxes me and often I think of people and say a prayer for them... I send a prayer off for you too... Some how I pray your pain will be eased with time, but the empty space only your Mum can fill will always be empty as no one can take her place.. Love to you..xxx

    ReplyDelete
  3. So special, and so beautiful Brenda. I'm glad you joined our challenge and shared your special Angel with us all. xx

    ReplyDelete