Monday 29 August 2016

#thisismylife

Hello all and welcome to my blog and DT post for Let's Get Sketchy. WE have taken a change this week from the sketches and have the wonderful advert below to draw inspiration from. I must admit there is loads to chose from in this picture. I have chosen to use the colors Orange, Black and White. I also chose to use the hashtag (#).


This page is all about my son Riley and the fact that Saxophone is his life. Along with his swimming and love of school work though his music and his Sax are at the top of his life list. As everyone would know I brag a lot about my boys and now is no different lol. He is a wonderful Sax player and I'm super proud. The photo was taken when he went to music school for 8 days during his school holidays and preformed in the final concert after exams. 


As I tend to do a lot, I have created my page on white cardstock and to start creating my background I used Tim Holtz Distress Markers - Dusty Concord, Stormy Sky, Mustard Seed and Evergreen Bough. I used them with the Tim Holtz Distress Marker Air Sprayer. I love to mix it up a little with how I do my backgrounds and with this I love the speckles.


I then used Modeling Paste with some Stampin' Up Ink - More Mustard mixed in it to give the hint of orange when used with Tim Holtz Stencil - Strips. After that I placed some of the More Mustard ink on my craft sheet and then sprayed with some water and mixed it. I then used a fan brush to run across the page. I then used a TCW Stencil - Mini Sheet Music and Jet Black Archival Ink.


The patterned paper I placed my photo on is by Kaisercraft - Scrap Yard Collection and I inked the edges. My chippies are by Scrapmatts - Assorted Words 28, Music Notes 02 and Treble Clefs 01. I coloured them with a Black Copic and then used Wink Of Stella Brrush - Gold over the top. I also streaked a little of the gold at the edges of the stripes. 


Please hop on over to the Let's Get Sketchy blog and see the other inspiration by the Design Team. Join in on the fun. Thanks for stopping in and have a great week. I hope your crafting mojo flows. 
xxx

 

1 comment:

  1. This layout looks amazing and go right ahead and brag about your sons, they are fine young men and you can be so proud of them!

    ReplyDelete