Thursday 8 December 2016

We Are Family - Display Frame

Hello crafty friends and as always welcome to my blog and my post for Meg's Garden. Today I would like to share with you my We Are Family photo display frame. I have created it using the very beautiful Spring Pastels Collection.

This collection consist of stunning shades of pinks, lavenders, greens and  blues. For my creation I decided to focus on the pink mix. Like I do with my pages, cards and off the page and more I have done quite a bit of fussy cutting. It gives a great use of the papers and Meg's Garden papers are wonderful for this.
 
 
 I have used the beautiful spring coloured patterned papers on the background with a different one in the different sections. With the frame I painted it with with and then used some Distress Ink - Victorian Velvet sponges over it.
 
 
I have even fussy cut around the boys and myself along with the watch on the chain, butterfly and period lady. The words are rub-ons and in the small square just below us I used a filigree long oval vintage trinket and placed a dot in the middle with liquid pearls. Behind our photo and on some of the other sections I used some Flower Edge Organza White lace, it is so delicate looking.
 
 
I have used some of the Green Tara Fantasy Blooms in the White and also the pink. When using the pink ones though I made sure to just use the ones from the pack that were white with the hint of pink center. I have also used a round large filigree vintage trinket and placed one of the Fantasy Blooms in the middle. 
 
 

I have used a chippies for the title and the ornate frames around my sons Riley and Harley. They have been coloured with a Pale Lilac Copic which has some out more on the dusty pink side so it goes well with the rest of the work. If using this method I would always recommend that you test on the back first to make sure your colour is coming out the way you want it to.
 
 
 
Again behind this photo of Riley I have placed the beautiful lace and the bird have been fussy cut from the papers, they are so cute. With the photo of my youngest son Harley I fussy cut one of the flowers from the papers. These papers are so beautiful and I love the flowers for fussy cutting just the same as the birds.
 

 
This beautiful dancing period lady was fussy cut from the papers along with the tags I have used. Again I have used more of the flowers and another of the Vintage Trinkets, the filigree strip and again I have used the Liquid Pearls in the middle. 
I have enjoyed you stopping in and I please keep calling back. There is always something new. 
Happy Crafting XXX

No comments:

Post a Comment