Sunday 9 September 2018

Love Knows No Bounds

Welcome to my blog and my challenge page for A2Z Scraplets Chippies. The September challenge is a great one because it's all about Fathers/Males.
My page is of my girlfriends husband Brett and their daughter MacKenzie. I had been waiting for this challenge to come around so I could use the photo of the two of them for Fathers Day as I love it so much. It is just a perfect photo.

 

 

I have created my background on white cardstock. I first started with using Tinby Designs Color Crush - Golden Toast. Next I used Texture paste -Opaque Crackle and two different stencils. Over the top of the crackle paste when dried and cracked I used my new love DecoArt Metallic Lustre - Lavish Green and applied it with a dry brush. I then used White Acrylic paint to splatter here and there. Once this was done I used a thin Paint Pen to free hand the triangles.
I then placed it aside and got to work on my A2Z Scraplets chippies.
 
 

First I started by painting the whole title white and once this was done I used Infusion coloured Stain - The Sage on it. This is a powder stain that you sprinkle on and then spray with water and heat gun it dry. This meant there were very little patches of just visible white that now had a slight tinge of light green. 
I then used a sanding file and very, very lightly sanded the words to give it a more patchy look.
Once the above was complete I then used another of my new favorites Prima Antique Brilliance Wax - Green Brocade just on mainly on the upper area of each word for some shadowing and I applied it with a dry brush.

 

Next it was time to do my background hearts and it was so easy. Again using another new love added to my craft room Nuvo Embellishment Mousse - Fresh Copper also applied with a dry brush.
Four new additions to my craft space and you have now seen them all. I love trying new things and I think they have paid off for a different look. 

It was then time to put the page together. I mounted the photo on white cardstock that I had used the Infusion - The Sage on as it had great colours and was what I used on the title.
I glued down the hearts and photo on top. Once this was done I glued my title on place and the page was finished.
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
I hope you have enjoyed having a look at my page. It's a great challenge and we would love to see you over at our A2Z Scraplets Facebook to join in with us. You never know you could be our lucky winner. Happy Crafting xxx

1 comment:

  1. Oh yes that photo is beautiful and the back ground details are wonderful... a lovely layout..

    ReplyDelete